04/14/2015 0 Comments
CHOOSING THE RIGHT FENCE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
The fencing around your place of business is a big part of your buildings initial impression on passersby. Whether you want your business to appear as an impenetrable fortress or an inviting boutique, your fence can help shape the image of the property.
Beyond fashion, fences perform some of the most important functions: safety and security. Security may be more important for one property than another, and curb appeal may be essential to another company’s business.
Maintenance is another factor to consider. You will want to decide how much time you are willing to put into the upkeep of your fence.
These are all important things to keep in mind when deciding what you want your fence to be made of. Choosing the right material for your company’s fence is as simple as determining your priorities, and selecting the material that best fits your needs.
Sacrificing neither fashion nor function, wrought iron is known for being both an attractive and strong fencing option. Wrought iron is also one of the pricier options. However, it comes with several benefits.
- Strength and Security: Wrought iron is one of the strongest fencing materials available. Once installed, it is extremely difficult to damage and essentially impossible to cut through, which ups its security benefits. Because it is such a heavy material, you do not have to worry about damage from would-be intruders.
- Maintenance: Iron is exceptionally durable and will last for years to come, which is part of what makes it such an attractive investment. However, if it is not properly cared for, the paint will start peeling and rust can become a serious issue.
- Appearance: Widely regarded as elegant and highly appealing, wrought iron fences can range from straight bars to highly intricate designs. This fencing material brings a host of design options to choose from. If your goal is to impress, wrought iron is an excellent option.
- Strength and Security: Wood is the most breakable of all of the materials and offers little security.
- Maintenance: Wood will also require the most maintenance. If not properly treated, it can rot and warp when exposed to water and harsh weather conditions.
- Appearance: Wood offers a traditional, home-like feel to any business, and should be used if you want your customers to feel comfortable while still defining the barriers of your property. Wood is also a good option for purely aesthetic fences.
One of the most common fencing options, chain link fences are widely available and cost-effective.
- Strength and Security: While chain link fences are not the strongest option, there are several ways to easily up the security of this material. Commonly topped with barbed wire, a chain link fence will certainly deter invaders from entering. Check your local laws before installing barbed wire on a fence.
- Maintenance: Chain link fences are virtually maintenance-free! Chain link fences are often made of galvanized steel, which is an anti-corrosion material, making the fence fairly durable against Mother Nature. In the event of damage, the repair will be simple, easy, and inexpensive.
- Appearance: While not as attractive as wrought iron, chain link fences are very familiar. If additional privacy is desired, flats can be inserted into the fence.
Reliable and complementary to most architectural styles, vinyl fences are inviting and stylish.
- Strength and Security: Vinyl is flexible, but it is not as strong as a metal or brick option. If your fence is protecting a high-security property, vinyl may not be the best option.
- Maintenance: Vinyl fencing was designed to be low-maintenance. It does not decompose and it is completely rust free. Because vinyl is one colour all the way through, it does not need to be refinished. Some colours and types of vinyl can fade when exposed to the elements. Talk to a professional fencing company for more details.
- Appearance: Because of the wide variety of designs, styles, and colour options available, vinyl can be an attractive addition to most properties. If you want your business to have a warm, inviting appearance, vinyl can help you achieve that goal.