How to Make Chain Link Fencing Extra Safe
Chain link is a popular fencing material that has many advantages. Among other things, it’s durable, affordable and reliable.
In addition, chain link fences are versatile and there are many options available to ensure they’re secure. Here are a few ways to make your chain link fencing as safe as possible.
• Choose the right gauge. Chain link wire is commonly made of galvanized steel. It’s available in different gauges. The thicker the wire, the lower the gauge. Opt for nine-gauge or thicker for high-security applications.
• Decrease the aperture. Chain link fences are built with intertwined wires that form a diamond-shaped pattern. This opening is known as the aperture. Smaller apertures are harder to cut and climb.
• Add a bottom rail. Some intruders will try to get under fences instead of climbing them. Adding a bottom rail makes it more difficult to breach. You can also consider extending your fence an extra foot underground to create an additional barrier.
• Build high. The higher the barrier, the more difficult it’ll be to climb. Aim to build a fence that’s at least eight feet tall. Adding barbed wire to the top of your fence will add height and make it more difficult for intruders to climb over.
• Upgrade to steel fittings. Steel fittings can be welded in place after installation. These are more secure than the typical cast aluminum fittings.
• Use sensors. A fence detection system uses sensors to detect vibrations on the fence. These sensors will trigger an alarm if the fence is tampered with.
• Install a security gate. Gates can increase the safety of your fence while controlling access to your property. They’re available in a range of styles and materials.
• Maintain your fence. Make sure to choose a reputable company to install and maintain your chain link fence. You can increase the safety of your chain link fence with proper maintenance. Inspect it regularly and repair any damaged areas as soon as possible.
Fencing maintenance in Toronto
City Fence is a leading supplier of security fences in the Greater Toronto Area. We design, install and maintain all types of fencing, including chain link fences. We offer competitive fence prices for our commercial and industrial clients. Our sales team can help design fencing solutions to best meet your specific needs. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.