05/09/2016 0 Comments
IS YOUR CONSTRUCTION SITE SECURE IN THE GREATER TORONTO AREA?
If you’re supervising a construction site, security fencing may not rank on your list of priorities. However, a secure site is almost certainly more important than you realize. When you add up the value of your vehicles, tools and supplies, the sum is substantial. Protecting your site from felons and from causing danger to surrounding populations is a must in safeguarding your investment. At City Fence, we offer options for construction site fence rentals in Toronto and will assist with the full installation and maintenance of the fence.
Whatever measures you currently have in place, the first line of defense against intruders will always be security fences. Whether you’re construction site is in Toronto, Vaughan, or elsewhere in the GTA, issues can arise at any moment. While fencing isn’t a foolproof solution, it’s a very strong deterrent. At City Fence, we believe the better the fence, the more powerful of a hindrance it is to criminals. Without adequate fencing, your site is likely to become an easy target. It’s best to protect your assets with security fences in Toronto that turn thieves away.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SECURE FENCE
If you’re looking to maximize security on your construction site of business, below are the qualities that the most secure fences share.
- They’re often at least eight feet high.
- The chain link is dense enough that it’s difficult for intruders to find a place to rest their feet and climb.
- They have barbed wire at the top.
- They are unobstructed on either side by shrubbery, trees or objects behind which invaders might hide.
- They have only one gate through which workers and vehicles can enter and exit.
- They sit close to the ground, making it impossible for the intruders to climb under.
- Joints are securely connected and there are no weak points in the fence.
ADDING EXTRA SECURITY TO YOUR JOB SITE OR PROPERTYWhile installing a fence is the most important line of defence to protecting your construction job site or property, there are a few other things you should also consider for added protection.
- Post "no trespassing" signs on the fence with a warning for prosecution.
- Regularly inspect the fence for damage.
- Keep the area well lit at night.
- Lock all vehicles.
- Ask employees to park offsite.
- Keep tools and materials out of sight.
As you likely know, in the event that a person should be hurt while on the premises of your construction site, you may be liable. Keeping unauthorized persons off your site will prevent this scenario from ever occurring, so a construction site fence is you’re most powerful safeguard.
SECURITY FENCES FOR CONSTRUCTION SITES IN VAUGHAN AND TORONTO
With over 35 years of experience, City Fence is an industry leader in chain link and security fencing for commercial and industrial areas. We provide construction fence rental and installation in and around Toronto. For a free estimate, call us today at 416-506-0135 or contact us online.