Industrial gates help protect your employees, customers and assets from unauthorized entry while improving traffic flow and security. When you choose gates for your industrial property, you have several factors to consider. Here’s a comprehensive guide to selecting the best industrial gate for your business.
3 Types of Industrial Gates
There are three main types of industrial gates:
1. Sliding gates are the most common type of industrial gate. They slide along a track on the ground or overhead and can be manual or automated. You can choose between single or double gates, depending on the size of your entryway.
2. Cantilever gates don’t require a track because they’re suspended and move on rollers over a cantilever arm. They’re typically used for large openings and can be either manual or automated.
3. Barrier arm gates consist of a long, horizontal arm that swings up and down to block the opening. They’re typically used for high-security applications and can be either manual or automated.
4 Factors to Consider When Choosing an Industrial Gate
Consider the following factors as you're choosing gates for your property:
1. Gate size and clearance. Before choosing an industrial gate, carefully evaluate the available space for installation. Consider the width, height and clearance requirements to ensure the gate provides sufficient space for all types of vehicles, including trucks and emergency vehicles, while still maintaining optimal security.
2. Material and durability. Steel gates are known for their strength and durability, making them suitable for high-security applications. Aluminum gates offer a lightweight and corrosion-resistant option. Wrought iron gates provide an elegant and traditional appearance. Consider your security needs, budget and desired esthetics when selecting the gate material.
3. Access control and security. Industrial gates often require access control systems to ensure authorized entry and enhance security. Evaluate options such as keypad entry, card readers, biometric systems or integration with your existing security system. Choose a gate that can integrate with your access control solution.
4. Maintenance and service. Regular maintenance is a crucial factor in keeping your industrial gate in optimal working condition and avoiding costly repairs. Consider the maintenance requirements of different gate types and materials. Some gates may require more frequent upkeep or specialized servicing. Select a gate from a reputable manufacturer or supplier offering reliable service and guarantees.
Industrial Gates in Toronto and Throughout the GTA
City Fence Inc. offers durable gates from the best brands for commercial and industrial customers in the GTA. We’ll work with you to design a custom security gate, and our experienced technicians provide dependable installation services. Contact us today to schedule a free on-site evaluation and estimate.