“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual and may include a name, title, business address, telephone number and/or email address.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information only by lawful and fair means and not indiscriminately. We may collect personal information directly from you when you contact Urban Fence, or during the tenure as a customer of City Fence.
Consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information may be obtained orally or in writing and may be expressly given or implied. We may also from time to time ask you to give your written consent to the use and disclosure of specific information. In determining how we obtain your consent, we will take into account the sensitivity of your personal information that we are collecting, using and/or disclosing. We will use and disclose your personal information only in accordance with this policy.
IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT
The choice to provide us with personal information is always up to you. Upon request, we will explain your options of refusing or withdrawing consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and will record and respect your written choices. However, your decision to withhold particular details may limit our ability to provide our services to you. This measure is necessary to protect the integrity of the services offered by City Fence. Furthermore, any refusing or withdrawing of consent is always subject to any overriding legal requirements or commitments.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under certain circumstances City Fence may disclose your personal information without your consent:
• when we in good faith believe the law requires or authorizes us to do so, including reporting to Canada Revenue Agency of products and services provided to you
• when the services that you have expressly requested from us require us to give your information to third parties your consent will be implied unless you tell us otherwise
• where it is necessary to establish or collect payment
• if the information is already publicly known
We never make our customer list available to third parties in any form, except as set out in this document or unless we have your prior consent. Personal information provided to third party service providers with whom we have contractual arrangements will have comparable levels of protection to the internal protection which City Fence maintains for personal information.
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
City Fence takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information, depending on its type and sensitivity, are:
• premises security
• restricted access to personal information
• deploying technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access
• internal password and security policies
• where necessary or appropriate, by requiring third parties to sign a confidentiality agreement
As City Fence is responsible for any personal information under its control, including personal information that City Fence may transfer to a third party for processing, we will use contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of privacy protection when personal information is being processed by a third party on City Fence’s behalf.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If any of the information changes, or if you should become aware that the information which we have is incorrect, please inform us so that we can make the necessary changes.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you. Summary information is available on written request. More detailed requests that require archive, retrieval or copying costs may be subject to reasonable reimbursement for our actual costs.
CAN I BE DENIED ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny access when:
• denial of access is required or authorized by law or the rules of a formal dispute resolution process, such as a Beth Din
• information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings against you
• granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy
• to do so would prejudice negotiations with you
• to protect City Fence’s rights and property
• the request is frivolous or vexatious
If we deny your request for access, or refuse a request to correct information, we will explain why.
HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We retain your personal information for as long as you are a customer and afterwards for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law or for purpose of compliance with our religious obligations. Because business records are often a valuable source of information, selected items of personal information may be retained indefinitely.
COMMUNICATING WITH US
E-mail is not a 100% secure medium and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
REQUESTS FOR ACCESS
If you have any questions, wish to review your personal information, comment on this policy or make a complaint, please contact our General Manager who is our privacy officer at:
8 – 400 Steeles Avenue East, #325
Brampton, Ontario L6W 4T4
Phone (905) 965-6299
fax (905) 456-3765
Send an email to the General Manager