Why You Should Fence off Generators and Dumpsters
If you manage a residential complex, you know the importance of curb appeal. Potential tenants will likely be put off by easily visible dumpsters or signs that the building isn’t clean or well-managed.
Even the appearance of poor upkeep can drive people away. That’s why installing enclosures around dumpsters, generators and other unsightly materials is a worthwhile investment.
The advantages of dumpster enclosures
There are three key reasons to have an enclosure installed around your dumpster area.
● It keeps animals out. Critters are a primary concern when it comes to dumpsters, as garbage tends to attract a variety of undesirable creatures. Most people would prefer not to live somewhere routinely visited by raccoons and other pests, especially if they make a habit of dining there.
● It keeps humans out. Dumpsters can also attract unwanted attention from humans, be they dumpster divers or vandals. Dumpsters are a common target for graffiti and other types of vandalism, so it’s best to restrict access to them.
● It keeps your property clean. If your dumpsters are enclosed, you’re much less likely to end up with garbage strewn around your property, whether it’s the fault of mischievous critters or strong winds.
Fencing off your dumpsters will help you avoid these problems and more.
The advantages of generator enclosures
If your building has a generator or similar outdoor equipment, here’s why you should consider installing a fence around it.
● Weather protection. Harsh weather conditions can easily damage generators. Building an enclosure around the equipment will limit its exposure and reduce the risk of costly or irreparable damage.
● Noise reduction. Just as tenants don’t want to live on a property littered with garbage, they also don’t want to be disturbed by excessive noise pollution. A properly designed enclosure can help mitigate the sounds this type of equipment makes.
● Vandalism prevention. Finally, restricting access to your property’s generator is the best way to ensure it won’t be tampered with or deliberately damaged. If the generator is meant to provide backup power in case of an emergency, the last thing you want is to discover that it’s been damaged right when you need it.
Expert fence builders in the Toronto area
The team at City Fence is proud to provide outstanding fencing installation and repair services. We have experience with a wide range of fencing projects, including apartment complexes, throughout the GTA. For more information or to request a quote, contact us today.